Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Great Harvest!!

We planted this mango tree at the back yard of our house since we shifted here. It has grown strong and big by the days. We used to have fruits but are always attacked by insects and at the end we only have a few to taste.
For this season, we decided to hang a few insect traps around the tree. Look there are lots of insects trapped inside and die!!
Look at these mangoes!!

there are more behind the branches/leaves....
I think she can do better...
there are some more up there!
She has done a great job!!
yes, she got them! the mangoes are in the net!
Closer view of the net...
oh yes, this net is our own invention!!
I crocheted this net to hold the mangoes so that they will not drop on the ground!
4 mangoes in the net!! I think this is over 1 kg...
The harvest for the day!

some rambutan.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm Laura from Italy!
You're so lucky to have a so beautiful mango's tree in your garden!!
I like your house and garden a lot!!
I'm trying to germinate some Traveller's Palm seeds...do you have it in your garden, don't you?
Bye!

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Hi Laura, Thanks for visiting! Mangoes from own garden are really yummy!! Oh i've not heard about seeds from Traveller's Palm!! I have those baby plants coming out from the big plant! oh you are too far away, otherwise i can send the baby plant to you!! Anyway I'll check it out and get back to you about the seeds.

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I can imagine your Mangoes are yummy...I think I've never tasted the real taste of Mango! We buy it from the supermarket, but I imagine it's not the same thing!
I love Traveller's Palm, I think is one of the most beautiful palm in the world! I've bought the seeds on internet, hope they'll born!
Thanks for the thought about the baby plant!!! ..sorry that we're so far!!